More About Our Area - West Park, Long Eaton
West Park is situated in the heart of Long Eaton and comprises 150 acres of level park land which provides an lovely amenity facility for the town and surrounding area. This Edwardian park was assembled between 1882 and 1952 and is the largest park in the borough of Erewash. Connecting the Wilsthopre Road side of town to the town centre, the park now provides a wide range of outdoor sports and recreation facilities which include the leisure centre and swimming pool and facilities for football, cricket, rugby, tennis, bowling and there is also an outdoor gym. The park also hosts the local park run every Saturday morning where over 500 people take part in the 5k local run. A little known fact is that the main park gates on Wilsthorpe Road were purchased from Aston Hall, Aston on Trent and erected at West Park in 1928. We are truly proud to have such a large, well maintained open space in the heart of one of our main towns which is situated almost exactly between Nottingham and Derby.